Back Kairos attenders give back during A December to Remember
January 6th, 2014
By Kaylan Christopher, Staff Writer
During December, Kairos gave out more than $3,000 in Christmas gifts. It began during Mike's message on December 3 when he called on those in attendance to give back to individuals and families in need around our community.
Kairos was encouraged to give an offering after the service or by way of a newly-implemented text message initiative. The gifts ranged from:
- Groceries for a family with a special needs child, plus a date night gift card for mom and dad.
- Wal-Mart gift cards to two families that include teenagers with disabilities: one whose dad passed away recently and another whose autistic son recently passed away from brain cancer.
- A mission journey donation for one regular Kairos and Girls Night Out attender who feels called to share the gospel in the Ukraine.
- Assistance for one Kairos attender who's unable to drive to attend Kairos each week but watches online.
- 40 gift packages—including gloves, scarf, hat, cough drops, tissue, toothpaste, toothbrush, and a personal note—for homeless men who stay on our campus each Monday during winter months through our Room in the Inn Ministry.
- One month's supply of oxygen canisters for Patti Garcia, whose 11-year-old daughter, Erin, has a chronic lung disease, plus a date night gift card for the parents.
- Gift cards to supply food and basic necessities for Paul and Nicole Gipson, whose home was recently destroyed by fire.