Back Get to Know Your Minister: Brian Coates
April 4th, 2014
Name: Brian Coates
Title: Discipleship & Administration Pastor, The Church at Station Hill
Where are you from originally?
Springfield, Virginia (a suburb of Washington D.C.)
Where were you educated?
Belmont University and Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
What's your personal testimony?
Ephesians 2:8-10. The gospel raised me from death to life when I was 17 years old. I woke up and recognized the hope I had was in Jesus.
What's your significant other's name?
Do you have kids?
Yes. Wyatt is one.
What's your philosophy/heartbeat for ministry?
Matthew 28:16-20; Ephesians 3:7-12; Ephesians 4:12-16; Colossians 1:28-29
Where did you serve before Brentwood Baptist?
Nowhere. Brentwood Baptist was the first church I served in.
What's your role at Brentwood Baptist?
Discipleship & Administration Pastor at The Church at Station Hill
What's your vision for Brentwood Baptist?
JUST FOR FUN
Who's your favorite person in the Bible and why?
This is probably because I've been reading through Exodus and Deuteronomy lately, but I really like Moses. His trust and faith in God, desire to glorify God, and leadership/care for the people are things that stick out to me.
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Why can't bacon be healthy?
What do you like to do in your free time?
Hang out with the family, read, coach sports, read too much about UNC basketball
What are some interesting facts about you?
1. The majority of my Sunday School and Wednesday night leaders growing up in church were CIA and carried suspicious briefcases all the time.
2. I pretty much have the same job as my dad.
3. I got to help coach high school football when I was in seminary.
4. I didn't eat a salad or vegetable voluntarily until I was 22.
5. I live in Maury County. (That's pronounced "Murray" not "Maury" like "Maury Povich." Get it right!)
What are three words that describe you?