Read through the definition, expectations and outcomes of the coaching ministry. If you are interested in being coached or becoming a volunteer Christian coach, there are applications at the bottom of this page.
Coaching is a relational process that turns thinking into action. The coachee is the expert in this relationship and the coach’s role is to draw out of the coachee information, experiences, and truth. Asking questions, listening and delivering concise messages the coach guides the elimination of interference prohibiting forward spiritual progress.
- Listening is an essential gift to the coachee from the coach.
- Coaching promotes discovery on the part of the coachee, generally this discovery is from previously acquired information which has either been forgotten or unused.
- Coaching assists in connecting previously learned information with any potentially related or new information.
- The end result of coaching is forward action. A coaching session must always end with an action step.
- New thinking and action owned by the person being coached.
- A renewed awareness of thinking, reflecting, and confidence on the part of the coachee.
- A reduction or elimination of the interference impacting the potential for spiritual growth.
How do you know you need a coach?
You want to...
- Move out of the rut you're in on your spiritual journey.
- Partner with an unbiased listener to sort out your life.
- Have someone who'll ask the hard questions that make you think.
- Combine what you know and where you need to be.
- Walk with an accountability partner.