Focus Studies Mentor Training
- Wednesdays at 6:00 PM
- 2126 AB map
September 3 - October 8, 2014
Are you interested in investing in someone's life by becoming a volunteer spiritual mentor?
A Christian mentor guides from one’s personal experience or sharing of experience in a specific area of interest or expertise. A mentor will develop skills and instill wisdom based on the mentor’s life experiences. Mentoring is a God-given relationship in which one growing Christian encourages and equips another believer to reach potential as a disciple of Christ.
How do I know if I am a mentor candidate?
To help you determine if you have what it takes to become a mentor, use this simple assessment. Be honest in your responses. Read each statement and respond as objectively as possible.
- I easily share my faith and what I have learned from God.
- I easily establish simple natural relationships.
- I enjoy encouraging others to grow and develop personally and spiritually.
- I can easily commit to long-term relationships.
If you agreed to these statements, you might be ready to become a volunteer spiritual mentor.
- Go to www.brentwoodbaptist.com/mentorrelationships and read the content for Mentors.
- Please fill out the online application for Mentors.
For more information or to visit this study , please contact Tim Holcomb.