The window gives a view of the world outside.
Bless and empower family members to give their lives away and make Christ known.
Joshua 1:8-9; Numbers 6:24-25; 1 Timothy 6:11-21; Romans 8:37-39; Ephesians 3:14-21
As family members age and mature through key life stages, they take hold of their own faith more. Send them out so they can embrace who they are, use their gifts, and make Him known.
Life is about movement. It's about going forward toward maturity and accountability. When the home grasps the overall purpose for this life and the design in which God has for family members, it's our duty to pray for those pivotal points of the journey. It's the grace of the gospel that gives us the strength to embrace the next step.
Yes, it's a long journey from entering first grade to adulthood, then possibly marriage. But the fundamental goal is the same: to encourage and commission our family members to make much of Him!
Here are some basic words that every person wants to hear from those they love:
- "We believe in you."
- "May God give you strength."
- "I'm so proud of the person you're becoming."
How the Church Will Partner & Encourage:
- We want to come alongside our families and celebrate the life that has led up to a special moment, and we want to bless these family members going forward.
- Our goal is that each person will experience a defining moment and embrace the truth found in Joshua 1:8, where God reminds Joshua to be strong and courageous and know "that the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Actions, Markers, & Milestones:
- Beginning School
- Driver's License/Turning 16 years old
- Written Blessing from Home
- Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Senior Recognition
- Graduation from High School/College